Make Your Mark. Make A Global Impact.
Start Your Application
Terms & Conditions
No one may apply for this scholarship who has previously been on a GVI program in the last 20 years.
- Applications for the Global Impact Scholarship close at 00:00 on 30 July 2018. Any applications thereafter will not be considered and GVI is under no obligation to accept any late applications
- GVI reserves the right to shorten or extend the application time period at discretion for reasons that do not need to be made available to anyone outside of the employ of GVI.
- No one may apply for the scholarship who is anyone employed by GVI, anyone related to an employee of GVI, or any one in close social or professional affiliation with any employee of GVI.
For the purposes of this section, ‘selected applicant’ will refer to the single applicant awarded the full scholarship as detailed below.
- Only one full scholarship is available for the purposes of this campaign.
- The location and program for the full scholarship will be selected by GVI. The selected applicant will not be consulted prior to the selection of the program and location. GVI will use the information provided in the application to make the most suitable selection for the applicant. All GVI’s other terms and conditions apply to the selected applicant unless otherwise stated by GVI. These terms and conditions will be made clear to the selected applicant during the enrolment and support process.
- The full scholarship will include the following which GVI will cover:
- Full program fees for a 4 week program only. No shorter or longer program will be allowed to be requested or granted.
- Visa applications and costs are the responsibility of the successful candidate, and GVI is in no way responsible for the costs and success or failure of any visa applications to any country, no matter how many attempts are made and proven unsuccessful or successful.
- The full scholarship will include the following which Student Universe will cover:
- Flights to anywhere offered as an option by Student Universe (studentuniverse.co.uk) up to and not exceeding the value of £1000. In the event that the selected flight is cheaper than £1000, no other flight will be offered and no cash alternative or refund will be provided.
- The flight provided by Student Universe can only be used by the applicant selected by GVI, and only in conjunction with the program selected and paid for by GVI, and not for any other travel purposes.
- If the selected applicant is unable to get a visa for any reason at all to the country and base of GVI’s choosing, this will invalidate the applicant’s application and they will no longer be considered as the selected applicant and GVI will select another applicant to receive the full scholarship.
- Only one visa fee is payable by GVI. If the selected applicants first visa application is denied, the selected applicant will need to pay for any further visa application fees, whatever and however much these fees may be.
- The successful applicant who is awarded the full scholarship will be consulted on time availability between 1 October 2018 and 30 September 2019 for the 4 week program. If the applicant is unable to book and pay a deposit for a program within this timeframe, then their claim to the scholarship will be forfeit and a new applicant will be selected.
For the purposes of this section, ‘selected applicants’ will refer to applicants awarded one of the partial scholarships as detailed below.
- Only 17 partial scholarships are available for the purposes of this campaign through this application process. Three partial scholarships are held in reserve for any incidentals that GVI may wish to use for other purposes outside of this application process. Should GVI deem that there are no such incidents, the 3 reserved scholarships will be made available to applicants of this application process.
- The location, program, and duration for the partial scholarships will be selected by the selected applicants. All GVI’s other terms and conditions apply to the selected applicants who make use of the partial scholarships. These terms and conditions will be made clear upon enrolment and paying the program fee deposit.
- The partial scholarships will include the following which GVI will provide:
- £250 off program fees on programs for any duration
- £50 discount on flights from Student Universe
- The partial scholarships will include the following which Student Universe will provide:
- One £50 discount voucher code per the selected applicants
- The discount voucher codes will be redeemable at studentuniverse.co.uk on all flights provided by Student Universe and must be used in conjunction with a GVI program.
- The successful applicants will receive their £50 discount voucher only once they have booked their program with GVI by paying their deposit less the . This will be sent to them via email by the sales team in their onboarding process.
- Each discount voucher will need to be redeemed by 31st December 2018, with travel on any date. The discount voucher codes are not combinable with any other Student Universe voucher codes.
- The selected applicants will need to use the partial scholarships for a program booked in the remainder of 2018 after the application period has closed and this can apply for bookings for the calendar year of 2019 that are made in 2018.
- The selected applicants will need to use the scholarship by making a booking and paying the deposit minus the scholarship before 31 December 2018. Thereafter, the scholarship will be null and void.
- This scholarship cannot be transferred to anyone else and can only be used by the person who made the application whose passport reflects the name used in the application form.
Media Collaboration Agreement
- The selected applicant for the full scholarship will need to agree to work together with GVI on a content creation plan that will include but is not limited to vlogging, blogging, social media posting, interview videos, etc.
- This content creation plan will be developed in partnership to establish a media campaign around the selected participant’s scholarship program and the selected applicant will need to agree to make her or himself available for skype or phone call meetings to discuss content creation and media campaigning.
- If the selected applicant is unwilling to collaborate to the best of their abilities with GVI in content creation and media campaign, this will invalidate the applicant’s application and they will no longer be considered as the selected applicant and GVI will select another applicant to receive the full scholarship.