The images in this article were taken pre-COVID-19.
For those who are driven to make a positive impact in the world, volunteering abroad is a great way to get the most out of your travel experience.
By choosing an ethical volunteering program, you’ll be contributing to local and global sustainable development efforts while fully immersing yourself in the local culture or natural environment.
We’ve compiled some of our favourite inspiring travel and volunteering quotes to explain why we find volunteer travel to be a meaningful travel experience.
Read on, get inspired, and we hope to see you soon on one of our programs!
1) “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
2) “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never tried to sleep with a mosquito around you.” – Betty Reese
3) “Travel teaches tolerance.” – Professor M.S. Rao
4) “Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
5) “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
6) “Travelling makes one modest — you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Faubert
7) “Experience and travel; these are education within themselves.” – Euripides
8) “And then I realised adventure was the best way to learn.” – Author unknown
9) “Just to travel is rather boring, but to travel with a purpose is educational and exciting.” – Sargent Shriver
Ready to volunteer while you travel across the globe?