We know you want to do something to make a difference in the world. And we know you’re dreaming of having the adventure of a lifetime. You want to turn your passion into action and connect with a global community of change-makers.
This could be you.
You could join a GVI program at any of our bases around the world for two weeks, with all accommodation, training, support and meals during your program included.
From Thailand to Seychelles, and Costa Rica to Cambodia. From cleaning sea turtles and tracking lemurs, to teaching and empowering women – in collaboration with our local partners in each beautiful location.
This is how.
The winner must be following GVI on both TikTok and Instagram to claim the prize!
Terms and conditions
1. Anyone aged 15 years or older may enter. Entrants under the age of 18 years must have their parent or guardian’s permission to enter.
2. Current and past GVI participants may enter the competition.
3. Current GVI employees, suppliers, partners and contractors (and their immediate families) may not enter the competition.
4. Companies or branded businesses may not enter. Only entrants with their own valid, open Instagram and TikTok accounts will be considered. Private accounts will not be considered as we can’t view all entry mechanisms of the competition.
5. Entrants must follow GVI’s official Instagram account (@gvitravel), like the post about the competition, tag friends in the comments, AND follow GVI’s official TikTok account (@gvitravel).
6. Entrants may participate as many times as they’d like, but only one winner will be randomly selected.
7. The competition starts on 18/01/2024 and ends on 31/01/2024 | 23:59 GMT.
8. The winner of the competition will be entitled to spend two weeks at a GVI program (as currently listed on our website and on an advertised start date). All program dates are subject to availability and the program may only be attended during the off-peak season.
9. The following is included in the prize: basic accommodation (usually shared), 24-hour in-country support, airport pick-up (unless otherwise stated for purposes of the specific program), all project equipment, food, pre-program training, project work, remote support, post-program support, PDF/LinkedIn reference letter.
10. The following are excluded from the prize: additional drinks and gratuities, extra local excursions, flights, international and domestic airport taxes, medical and travel insurance, personal items and toiletries, police or background check, visa costs, personal diving kit (required for our marine conservation programs).
11. The total prize value is approximately £2,500.
12. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified.
13. The winner will be randomly selected via randomiser picker tool on 01/02/24.
14. Following the random selection, the winner will be notified on 01/02/24 via a direct message from GVI on Instagram.
15. The winner has 72 hours from the time and date of the notification being sent to respond, provide proof of eligibility (ID and passport) and complete a GVI application. If the prize is not claimed by the winning entrant within this time frame, the prize will be redrawn and any previous winners will forgo all claims to the prize.
16. To book a program, the winner must complete a GVI application form for their desired program, accept the terms and conditions of participation and undergo a pre-admissions call. Once admission has been accepted, GVI will confirm the program and start date in writing. GVI will make recommendations to the winner if their first choice is not possible due to availability or other constraints.
17. If the winner is under the age of 18, their parents or guardian will be required to accept the terms and conditions on their behalf.
18. In the event that a participant does not meet the admissions criteria for their selected program, we will randomly select another winner.
20. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to have their name used in a post on the GVI’s official Instagram accounts. If there are relevant data protection laws that regulate GVI’s use of the winner’s personal data, GVI will comply with such laws before publishing this personal data.
21. If the winner declines the prize, a new winner will be randomly selected.
22. The prize is valid for two years, up until 01/02/2026. The winner must book and complete their GVI program before this date.
23. Once the winner’s selected program and start date has been confirmed, they will be permitted one free transfer to another start date or location, up to 12 weeks prior to departure. The new start date and location must be specified at the time of transfer. Any further transfers will only be permitted at GVI’s discretion. Should the winner cancel their program, they will forfeit their prize.
24. GVI reserves the right to cancel or curtail the program at its discretion. This includes in cases of force majeure or other events outside GVI’s reasonable control. In the event of cancellation in these instances only, the winner will be eligible to select another available program or start date. No compensation will be offered for any expenses incurred by the winner including, but not limited to, airfare, visa expenses, insurance, documentation and equipment purchases. Please note this list is not exhaustive.
25. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. GVI and all involved will adhere to their guidelines.
26. These terms and conditions comprise the whole agreement between GVI and persons wishing to enter the competition. These terms and conditions are binding on all persons wishing to enter the competition and cannot be amended or otherwise changed unless the changes are agreed to and signed by GVI in writing.