THE GVI WRITING ACADEMY
Grow your portfolio, improve your writing, and kickstart your freelance travel writing career by joining the newly founded GVI Writing Academy.
This 12-week writing internship is designed for anyone – from freshman to postgraduate students – looking to break into the online content writing scene.
As a writing intern, you’ll be guided through a 12-week training program that consists of four content modules. These cover training in writing for brands, search engine optimisation for writers, travel writing, and freelancing essentials.
Throughout this time, you’ll be mentored by a professional writer and editor as you grow your portfolio of published work.
The program runs over 12 weeks, and interns should expect to spend roughly 3–5 hours per week completing self-learning exercises, honing their writing skills, and learning how to stand out in the digital space.
Acceptance into the GVI Writing Academy is subject to the discretion of our editors.
Who we are looking for:
- wordsmiths, who hope to make their dream of being a travel writer a reality
- digital nomads, who are keen to share their travel experiences with others
- keen researchers, who love hunting down fascinating ideas
- progressive thinkers, who are passionate about inspiring social change through words.
What you’ll receive:
- hands-on experience in writing engaging articles on travel and international development
- online training on how to use keywords to ensure your articles rank top on search engines
- training in writing for brands and publications
- publication of your articles on our website, allowing you to build an online portfolio of published content by a reputable, and highly ranked international brand
- one-on-one feedback and mentoring from one of our editors delivered through our virtual classroom space
- a digital certificate of completion
- a written testimonial from your editor.
Candidates who particularly empress our editors may be asked to join our pool of specialised freelance writers.
You’ll be expected to:
- commit to the 12-week program
- spend roughly 3–5 hours per week writing blogs, responding to edits and working through our training pack in your own time
- write at least three blog posts per module for the duration of the 12-week program
- edit and engage with blogs based on your editor’s feedback.
Terms and conditions
GVI reserves the exclusive right to publish all content produced by GVI writing interns for the GVI Writing Academy. This content may not be republished or resold, under any circumstances. Participants should be ready to commit to the full 12 weeks of the internship. Receipt of certificate of completion and a professional recommendation is contingent upon participants completing the internship in full.
Download our program brochures